All Season Tires in Kingston, ON
In 1977, the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company brought the first all-season tire to market and changed the game for drivers around the world.
Just over a decade later, John’s Auto Service brought the same all-season tire technology to Kingston, ON, and we have been helping drivers take advantage ever since.
Read on to learn the basics and benefits of all-season tires, or call (613)542-8057 to schedule a free all-season tire consultation and get personalized recommendations.
What Are All-Season Tires?
Although the precise design, performance characteristics, and features vary from one manufacturer to the next, every set of all-season tires is designed for balanced performance in a variety of conditions above 7°C.
Most all-season tires feature somesiping, or slits across the tread surface, which increase traction on wet or slushy roads, and their unique tread patterns offer a good mix of durability, ride comfort, and wet and dry performance.
Why Choose All-Season Tires for Your Vehicle?
Some of the benefits of choosing all-season tires for your vehicle include:
- All-season tire performance and peace of mind—All-season tires cannot compete with specialty sets in their intended climates, but they do provide reasonable traction, responsiveness and stopping power in a variety of weather conditions. Whether the roads are slick with rain, caked in mud, or dusted with snow, you will enjoy great performance and peace of mind.
- Cost control—By driving on a single set of all-season tires for the entire year, you eliminate the need for changeover services, storage, and a second set of specialty tires.
- Long tread life—All-season tires boast the best tread life warranties in the entire tire industry, with many exceeding 100,000km of driving.
- Personalization—All-season tires come in all different designs, sizes, speed ratings, and styles, so you will have no problem fulfilling your feature wish list, whether you want something fuel-efficient, puncture-resistant, or an all-season performance tire to shave seconds off your track times.
Are All-Season Tires Suitable for Winter Driving in Kingston, ON?
Most all-season tires carry the Mud and Snow (M+S) designation, which makes them suitable for light snow, but not severe winter weather. The rubber compounds used in all-season tires also tend to stiffen in freezing temperatures, unlike dedicated snow tires, which are specially formulated to stay soft, pliable, and grippy. Accordingly, all-season tires are sometimes called three-season tires, since they are primarily meant for the spring, summer, and fall months.
That said, one-quarter (24%) of Canadian drivers opt for all-seasons year-round, according to the Tire and Rubber Association of Canada’s 2021 Winter Tire Report. If you live somewhere with light snowfall and moderate temperatures through the winters, all-seasons might be suitable; if not, consider all-weather tires or switch to a dedicated winter set until temperatures rise above 7°C.
For help determining whether all-season tires are right for your local driving conditions, get in touch with our team.
What are the Best All-Season Performance Tires?
Every all-season tire design must strike a balance, compromising in some areas to crank up performance in others. As a result, there is no universal “best” all-season performance tire, only what is best for you—and our team can help you find it.
We carry all makes and models from both classes of all-season tire, and our catalog reads like a who’s-who of big brand names, including:
Whether you are seeking low rolling resistance, lengthy tread wear warranties, or enhanced snow performance for year-round peace of mind, we will direct you towards the best picks for your budget, vehicle, and local weather conditions, and help you understand the pros and cons of each.
Book a Free All-Season Tire Consultation
To book a free all-season tire consultation in Kingston, ON, you can:
- Call (613) 542-8057
- Fill out our online contact form
- Drop by our tire shop at 45 Harvey Street in Kingston