Transmission Service Available in Kingston at John’s Auto Service
Your transmission is one of the most important modules in your vehicle, responsible for multiplying, stabilizing, and transmitting engine power, so that your engine does not overheat or shake itself to pieces at high speeds.
With so much riding on your transmission system, it is crucial that you choose the right transmission service expert, someone who:
- Specializes in manual and automatic transmission repairs
- Offers a wide selection of quality transmission parts
- Stands behind their transmission service with a parts and labour warranty
- Works with all vehicle types
- Has a history of success in the transmission service industry
If you live in Kingston, ON, look no further! No matter what you drive, John’s Auto Service is your one-stop shop for transmission services, repairs, and part replacements, offering everything you need under one roof, along with a 24-month, 40,000km warranty on all transmission repairs.
Since 1988, we have helped thousands of Kingston area drivers save time and money on essential transmission services, and we can do the same for you.
Read on to get answers to common transmission service questions, or call (613)542-8057 to schedule a free consultation in Kingston, ON right away.
When do I need to book a transmission service? 8 signs it’s time
You should book a transmission service if:
- You have difficulty switching gears
- Your engine revs up, but your vehicle doesn’t accelerate as much as you’d expect when pressing on the gas pedal
- You notice a burning smell while driving
- You spot leaking transmission fluid
- Your Check Engine light comes on
- You feel grinding or shaking sensations while driving and switching gears
- Your transmission fluid looks extremely dark
- You have not booked a transmission service for over 24 months or 40,000km of driving
How much does a transmission service cost?
The cost of your transmission service will vary depending on the vehicle and service in question. For example, Canada’s Kelly Blue Book estimates the average price of a transmission fluid change around $150-200, while a transmission fluid flush will cost $175-300. Full system replacements will cost substantially more.
To save money on transmission services, remember to invest in regular upkeep, and check our Promotions page regularly for discounts.
Get a quote on any transmission service
To schedule a transmission service you can: